Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day 49: Over the River and Through the Woods


Well, more accurately it would be over the mountains and through the woods. I don't think we crossed many rivers on our trip to collect Mom from Tennessee and bring her back here for a visit. My family is the one thing I've missed the most since we moved to South Carolina almost three years ago, but it's not the only thing. The drive takes about three hours, which is plenty of time for me to mentally peruse my options, since I can't possibly visit all my favorite haunts. This time I took a trip to McKay's, the fabulous used bookstore (which also sells CDs, movies and video games), and then I had dinner at Captain D's. I used to make a point of going to Krystal but we recently got one of those here. Ironically, I don't eat seafood at all - I go to Captain D's for the chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment