Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day 5: Coupon Queen

I am so behind on my coupon clipping! I don't work (at least not for pay) and one of the ways we are able to afford for me to stay home is that I clip coupons. And I mean a LOT of coupons! I joined a website that helps me match my coupons to the sales at the grocery store and helps me get the most out of our money. We get one newspaper delivered on Sunday and I stop on the way home from church and buy three more, so I have four of each coupon circular. When something goes on sale and I have coupons for it, I usually buy as many of them as I have coupons. That's called "stockpiling". It costs a little more at first, but now that I've been doing this for several months, there have been weeks when I didn't buy anything at the store but milk and bread because I had so much of everything else already stockpiled. It is such a thrill for me to get to the checkout and see that total go down and down and down as the coupons are subtracted. Just last night I got two bottles of shampoo for 19 cents each. Occasionally I even get stuff for free! Now if I could just get caught up on the clipping part it would take me much less time to plan a grocery trip.

5 comments:

  1. WOW that is so amazing. We live in a small town with only 1 grocery store and a Wallyworld so it wouldn't help us much. To take advantage of sales with the coupons I have to go 45 miles one way and what I'd eat up in gas would triple anything I'd save.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great way to save som money and like that you took a photo of this! That's everyday life, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome deal on the shampoo I am gonna have to take a crack at this lol. What I dont use I will start giving to you me and Matt get tons of stuff in our mailbox we dont use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In our town they don't take coupons. You can do whatever you want in rural Alaska...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this photo! Gorgeous colors...and indeed part of your daily life!

    ReplyDelete