Monday, January 26, 2009

Day 26: "Fireproof"

Jon and I discovered the movie "Facing the Giants" almost two years ago, when he lost his job. God really used that movie to speak to us at a time when we badly needed some hope. When we heard that the church responsible for making "Facing the Giants" had a new movie called "Fireproof" coming out starring Kirk Cameron, we made plans to see it as soon as we could. I think we may have actually gone on opening weekend. We ended up seeing it at the theater twice, and I think Dana has seen it three times. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. The local Christian bookstore had a special event tonight celebrating the movie's release on DVD tomorrow and five of the movie's actors were there to sign autographs and answer questions. Dana and James (her boyfriend) bought me an advance copy of the DVD and had it autographed by the actors. She even got to have her picture made with Bobby Lee Duke from "Facing the Giants"!

2 comments:

  1. I listened to a Focus on the Family program about this movie. Haven't got a chance to see it yet, but if it's out on DVD I'm going to see if Netflix has it. Thanks for the reminder about if.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this yet either but I plan to rent it tomorrow when it comes out. I only saw Facing the Giants for the first time this summer and had to own it. I can't wait to see this!

    ReplyDelete