Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day 3: A Surprise!


I actually had several photos to choose from for today's shot. First there's a picture of Karis and Quinn with the parfaits we made last night. Those two love to cook, and this recipe was from one of their girly cookbooks. Second is a photo of my new storage ottoman. It was a steal for $15 at the Goodwill store - brand new with tags still attached. Then there's a picture of the Mad Wave ride at Chuck E. Cheese, which is where we went for dinner. It's amazing what you will do to avoid dealing with an awkward situation, even if it's in your own home. The Mad Wave is a motion ride and it was apparently "stuck" because it didn't seem to require a token to operate. When one set of riders got off and another set got on, the ride cycle started all over again. Karis LOVED it, maybe because of the vibrations. And then lastly, my favorite snapshot of the day is a picture of the cover of a book my sweet husband bought for me this morning. He took the girls out shopping so he could buy a surprise for me and he had to try very hard to find something that I would like that I hadn't already bought myself! He noticed me working on this blog and my other "normal" blog last night and figured out that I could use a guide to blogging. Isn't that thoughtful?

2 comments:

  1. Four photos! You are an over-achiever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the thoughtfulness captured. Great job of showing the variety of the day.

    ReplyDelete