Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 6: Taxi!

Here is one of my most used accessories: my car keys. There's my Wisconsin Badgers loop and my orange Tennessee thingy, plus my clicker for the van, a van key, a house key and a key for our safety deposit box, although I don't know why I'm carrying it around on my keyring. I drive the girls to school in the morning, drive back to pick up Quinn at 10:30, and basically ferry people around on various nights of the week. Tuesday night Karis and Harper have cheerleading practice, so last night I hauled them to the church for practice, then afterward we gave a friend's daughters a ride home, then finally back to our house. I like where we live because it's semi-rural but the downside of that is a ten-mile trek to get to Target or Wal-Mart, so my van runs up the mileage. I think right now it's about to top 150,000. We don't want a car payment so we'll probably drive it until it costs too much to fix, then buy another one for cash.

4 comments:

  1. Another clever idea I may need to borrow sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to photograph your keys. It's something we use constantly and, except when I can't find them, I never think about the significance of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo. We live in a twon with only about 60 miles of road. I've had my car for about 5 years and I think I've put about 7000 miles on it! We do drive almost everywhere though because the weather is usually rainy or snowy or cold or I have too much to pack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good idea!!! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete