Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 20: Snow Day? What Snow??

You know, we bought the Wii on Saturday and I was SO looking forward to the kids going back to school today so I could use it without interruption for my Wii Fit, but what happened? There was a slight dusting of snow last night and the schools are closed! I'm sure they were trying to err on the side of caution but the roads in my area are dry. They got out early last Thursday, were out Friday for a teacher workday, then there was the weekend, no school on Monday for the holiday and now today. They're about to slip into summer mode. My kids hear "snow" and they are ready to play in it but sadly there was none of that today. I'm holding out hope for a real snow before winter is over this year.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how funny!! We have to be burried in snow to get a snow day and even then they make them come in and get out early. Now, we've had COLD days and Flood days this year so I guess it all balances out.

    I love your photo of your dusting, it will help to remember your snow day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - that's funny!!! I'm glad the schools here don't close for snow that easily, or they would be closed constantly!! Fab photo of the "no-snow" :)

    ReplyDelete